Monday, 29 July 2013

Style Icons - Holland Roden.

Holland Roden has THE best red carpet looks ever. 


Holland Roden. Most know her as Lydia from Teen Wolf. To be honest, I don't know much shes in but she is still one gorgeous lady with a fantastic sense of style. She has described her personal style as liking clothes with "Great fabric and structure. I like a classically timeless look — before Ms. Bloomer was in the picture" and named her favorite red carpet designers; "Valentino, Marchesa, Balmain, Armani, Jason Wu, Vivienne Tam and more"At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to categorise all her outfits but I eventually decided to put them by colour and then separate pieces (skirts, shorts etc.) because I found it quite difficult to find similarities in her outfits. I know I always say there's gonna be a lot of pictures, but there's gonna be A LOT of pictures. The kinda post where you need a snack beside you.


Shades of Blue
Of all the outfits I'm about to post about, these three are my absolute favorite. Lets start with the first one. I'm not a big fan of shift dresses but the colour does it for me. This pastel blue is stunning on her and fits her complexion beautifully. I love the sheer three quarter length sleeve and the flowers just make it all the more quirky. The darker blue dress on the far right is so unique  I love the contrast in colour with the sleeves and the dress and the collar is super cute!

As White as White can get

My favorite of these three is defintley the first one. The whole outfit is so simple and it works. Minimal jewelry fits well with the bold pattern on the dress and red lipstick just looks fabulous against Holland's skin. Notice the red clutch! In the next two, Holland wears her hair up and I think it really draws more attention to the dresses she's wearing.  


Black is a statement colour 
Firstly, can I say that it seems that hair swept to the side in a waterfall of curls is obviously her favorite hairstyle? Its the one that suits her the most as well; I love it. And secondly, doesn't she look like three completely different people in each of these pictures? Black is a colour that looks great on everyone and it certainly looks good on Holland. Each of these are, minus the colour, completely different and that's one of the things I love most about Holland's style. I love the fluffy section at the bottom half of the first dress and the next two dresses are massive statements; the deep V down the chest is a real risk! But she still makes it look effortless. And I am loving the shoes shes wearing with the second dress. She wore something incredibly similar with the pastel blue dress.     

Red, Peach and Pink
I love these colours on Holland. So much so that's there's nothing much I have to say about them! The peach in my opinion looks best on her. 



Hold your horses. I love this outfit so much that I can hardly express how much . I'm crying at how jealous I am. That green is so beautiful and I love the way it drapes near the chest. I'm not sure what the material is but it looks like it would feel amazing. Those high waisted cream shorts are just gorge. And the leopard print shoes and clutch compliment the whole ensemble. This is the outfit I am SO recreating.     

Kind of yellows

The great thing about these outfits is that her hairstyles are different in each one. I love the last dress and hairstyle the most. She looks absolutely fabulous! 
Pieces

As well as her glamorous, Holland can do casual and still look amazing. I love the loud print in the last picture and her tousled hair. The high neck blouse and bun in the second outfit are uber cute! And she is look super sexy in that mini skirt. The colour is very bold so goes well with the white top. 
Now to create my own Holland Roden inspired outfit! (This is actually just a re-creation)


Blouse, Erika Cavallini, Shorts, Asos, Clutch, House of Fraser, Heels, Just Fab

It sucks that I couldn't post this on Saturday! I had so much to do before heading off to Manchester that I had no time what so ever. I'm just glad I was able to slot this in before the end of the month.

It's my birthday today! Whooo hooo! I will write a post soon on all my birthday presents; I think they may be two as most of them are giftcards!! 


Style Icon's are my most popular posts (if you couldn't already tell from the sidebar!) so be sure to check out the others in the series:



I own none of the above pictures. Copyright to all original authors.

plumcherrytree
  

2 comments:

  1. Hey there !
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award !
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.nl/2013/07/liebster-award.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching Teen Wolf last week - she's so beautiful! I love the pinks and reds on her <3

    ReplyDelete

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...